We know that making a claim can be a lengthy process. That's why we've compiled these tips to ensure your process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Notify us or the insurers (as per the policy wording) ASAP.
- Take photographs, calculate damage estimates and find out your crime reference number where applicable.
- Insurers will allow emergency repairs to avoid further damage, but do not complete the full works.
- Source 2 different estimates for repair from independent contractors for the insurers.
- Make a note of the date and time of loss (when occurred or when noticed).
- Keep receipts and evidence to hand where possible.